An amazing person and American who's life has impacted us all, whether we know it or not. What I find fascinating about cultural icons is that they can be for trivial reasons or important reasons. It was fun to call Ruth Bader Ginsburg the 'Notorious RBG', but we were all a part of this inside joke: we valued this women's input, perspective, and career. What elements of Ginsburg's life do you wish to emulate? What characteristics of hers do you wish to make your own?
Ruth Bader Ginsberg was known as an incredibly strong person throughout her life, becoming the second ever woman on the Supreme Court, and fighting for rights that most people were/are afraid to speak about. Some elements I would like to incorporate into my life is the bravery and the strength she has, even when others try to disregard her opinions. She has taught me to be optimistic, especially in situations that are challenging. In addition, she fought for women's right before she was appointed to the court, and continued even through the deterioration of her own health, which really inspires me to keep working hard. Without her, many women and girls wouldn't have the opportunities they have now, and we should be grateful for RBG’s contribution to our country’s progress.
ReplyDeleteHave you seen the movie "Because of Sex" or the documentary "Notorious RBG"? I've yet to do so, but I want to and plan to. Impressive American.
DeleteRuth Bader Ginsburg was an amazing person who is someone we should all look up to. She fought for rights despite the odds and persevered through hard times. I wish to also be like her by standing up to injustice and not being afraid. I also want to be a hard worker like her and also someone that isn't shy about voicing their ideas and making change when needed.
ReplyDeleteShe is also a great inspiration and great model of what hard work and determination can lead to. She was a great person that I want to try to follow and eventually become. She seems confident, smart, but also really cool and chill. This is why so many people look up to her and view her as the Notorious B.I.G. I want to strive to also not be afraid and be brave especially when faced with opposition like she was.
DeleteIt's easy to look at people in the past (or old people today) and say "There's no way I could do what they did." But they felt the same way when they started out. If you have a core value system you adhere to, making the first step into controversy is more easily accomplished. I would agree though, RBG is on a short list of impressive Americans.
DeleteThis post is closed. No more comments will be graded from it.
ReplyDelete